How Much Does It Cost to Install a New Garage Door in Arizona?
When it’s time to replace your garage door, your first thought is probably, “What’s this going to cost me?” That’s understandable. Installing a new garage door is bit more complicated than most home projects. The cost to install a new garage door in Arizona varies according to the size of the door, the material it’s made of, customization options, and more.
Please note that this post describes average costs and that these are only estimates. For a free, no-obligation quote to replace your garage door, call GT Garage Door Repair at 602.680.9700.
What Is the Average Cost to Install a Garage Door in Arizona?
According to Home Advisor, the average American pays $1,102 to have a new garage door installed. The average price range is $733 to $1,472. The average cost to replace a garage door in Phoenix is actually a little lower, coming in right around $1,000.
The rock bottom, low-end cost for a new garage door is around $250. At the high end, you’ll pay around $800 for a new door with zero customization options.
Other Cost Factors when Installing a New Garage Door
The following will add to the cost of installing your new garage door and help explain that wide price range listed above.
- Garage door lock averages between $150 and $300
- Installing a new door opener costs between $200 and $500 on average
- Installing or repairing the garage door tracks ranges between $350 and $1,500
- Replacing garage door springs, hinges, and bolts, averages between $50 and $350
- Removing and disposing of your old door costs around $75 on average
The greatest indicator of price, though, is the garage door material you choose and whether you customize it.
Garage Door Materials
Garage door material has a great impact on cost. The price ranges below include the cost of installation.
- Steel garage doors average between $600 and $2,000. This is the least expensive – and therefore most common – type of garage door material. However, it doesn’t offer much in the way of insulation. Garages with a steel door need insulation with an R-value of 12 or higher.
- Vinyl garage doors average between $1,000 and $2,600. They cost a bit more than steel doors do, but they’re low-maintenance and dent-resistant, which makes them popular.
- Wood garage doors average between $700 and $1,800. Cedar, mahogany, and hemlock are the most popular woods used to make garage doors
- Wood composite garage doors average between $950 and $3,700. However, costs can exceed $10,000 for higher end models. These doors have grown in popularity because they’re made from recycled materials, which makes them the most eco-friendly garage door option.
- Faux wood garage doors average between $1,000 and $4,000. These are growing in popularity as well, because they give you the look of wood without the upkeep of the real thing.
Customizing Your Garage Door
Like buying a car, you have a variety of options to customize your garage door. Each customization item adds to the overall price. But, it also elevates the appearance of your garage door, which is why many homeowners decide that it’s worth paying a little extra.
If you choose no customization options, that is known as a “stock” garage door. However, even today’s stock doors often let you choose color and panel options, although the selection is limited.
The most common customization items are:
You can even choose a completely custom garage door. These usually offer the highest quality and best materials. Just expect to pay two to three times as much for your new garage door.
Hire a Professional
In the age of how-to videos, many homeowners prefer to handle simple repairs around the home themselves. However, replacing a garage door is not a simple repair. First, the door itself is extremely heavy. If installed incorrectly, it could cause serious damage to you, your family, and your property.
There could also be an issue with your tracks, the garage door springs and cables, and placement of the garage door opener. Even if you don’t call GT, for your own safety, we recommend hiring a professional to install your new garage door.